Amsteel 2.5mm (per metre)Extra-strong and perfect for making Whoopie Slings
In stock and ready to shipSign in to add to wishlist
Amsteel (Dyneema cord) is great for a range of purposes such as hammock camping and kayaking, but perhaps most widely known for its use in making whoopie slings – a lightweight hammock suspension solution.
When made into whoopie slings, this is a fantastic modification for anyone looking to reduce the pack weight of their hammock.
We stock pre-made Whoopie Slings – however if you're interested in making your own or would like amsteel for another purpose, purchase it here by the metre. This rope is as strong as wire but a fraction of the weight, and is also very resistant to abrasion.
|Size||1m long, 2.5mm diameter|
|Weight||5g per metre|
Dark grey 2.5mm Amsteel rope: purchase by the metre (orders up to 182m long are sent as a single length, which can be cut as required).
If made into whoopie slings, is compatible with all DD hammocks – weight limit 125kg
What is Amsteel?
• Made from Dyneema SK75 with Samthane Coating - very hard wearing
• 8-strand single braid construction
• Size for size same strength as wire rope, yet only 1/7 of the weight: outlasts wire rope in tests
• Flexible, easy to handle and easily field spliced
DD Tree Huggers
The Complete Whoopie Suspension System – which includes slings, treehuggers and karabiners - is also available from our store for £30!
Please use only with DD products, and do not exceed the 125kg weight limit.
Store in a cool, dry, dark place
Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)
ShippingAll orders dispatched within 24 hours (Mon-Fri)
Included in the price - select location.
- UK standard delivery: 1-2 days but please allow 5 working days.
- UK (mainland only): Next working day delivery available.
- All other European countries: 3-4 days, but please allow up to 6 working days.
- USA & Canada: 1-2 days but please allow 5 days. Small orders under 500g can take up to 10 days.
- Rest of the world: 5-10 working days.
- We will happily exchange or refund an item up to 45 days from the date of receipt (provided it is in unused condition).
- Faulty items will be refunded or replaced.
- One year warranty against manufacturing faults.
- Our site is protected by the best SSL certificate available. This means that your personal and credit card information is kept safe at all times.
- We take your security very seriously. You'll notice the green address bar on the payment page showing it is secure.
- We don't store any card information and we will never pass any of your details on to anyone else.