DD Recycled - Camping Hammock - Olive DrabNEW: Recycled hammock made from plastic bottles
In stock and ready to shipSign in to add to wishlist
*NEW - DD Recycled range*
We all love exploring the outdoors, and with that comes a duty to preserve and protect the wild places that we appreciate so much.
The DD Recycled Camping Hammock is the same strong and comfortable hammock as the original by design, however the main hammock body is made from approximately 245 recycled plastic bottles. Enjoy increased sustainability alongside the comfort and quality you expect from a DD Hammock, all whilst keeping single-use plastics out of our environment. We plan to expand our range of recycled hammocks and recycled tarps in the near future.
Simple yet effective
Strong and lightweight, and perfectly suited to a range of uses from leisure to wild camping. It also benefits from two breathable zip-open layers; keeping you cool in warm weather, or allowing insertion of an Inflatable Mat between in cooler conditions.
Pre-fitted with 5m of Strong Webbing either side, setting up takes mere minutes - and thanks to the light weight and small pack size, this hammock will not weigh you down on the way to camp!
There are 2 pouch pockets on the interior - ideal for storing your valuables and small personal equipment. 4 handy side loops allow you to hang light gear (for example, the DD Beer Holder!) from the side of your hammock, and when the temperature drops you can also use these to assist in fitting the DD Underblanket for insulation.
We recommend a DD Hammock Sleeve to make this hammock even easier to store, set up and keep dry whilst not in use. Want to add bug-proofing? Check out the DD Hammock Mosquito Net - an easy way to keep out unwanted vistors.
Please note: You may notice that the DD Recycled - Camping Hammock does cost a little more when compared to the regular version. Manufacturing recycled products does add extra costs, and we are simply charging the extra small amount to cover this.
|Size||2.7m x 1.4m|
|Weight||650g (hammock only)|
|Includes||DD Recycled Camping Hammock, Strong Webbing|
|Weight limit||125 kg|
- Main hammock body made from approx. 245 recycled plastic bottles
Breathable, zippered double-layer design – insert a partially-inflated Inflatable Mat between the layers in cooler weather
Two double-sided zippers on the same zipline, for easy open and close
- 4 Tabs (2 on each side) for attaching a DD Underblanket for insulation, or other accessories
- 2 pouch pockets for easy gear storage
Pre-fitted with 10m of strong suspension webbing (5m each end)
Includes a stuff sack
DD Recycled - Tarp 3
DD Hammock Sleeve
DD hammock safety
Remove any sharp objects from your person before entering the hammock
Please follow the maximum recommended weight limit
Check all suspension cordage is in good condition before hanging, and ensure any knots are secure before entering the hammock
Do not set up the hammock too low to the ground, and check beneath it for any sharp objects that could come in contact with the material/suspension
- Children should be supervised when using this product
DD hammocks are not suitable for children under 3
Ensure the area around the product is kept free of hazards
To preserve the strength of the material, avoid folding along the same lines too frequently (change after 10 times)
Store in a cool, dry, dark place
Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)
ShippingAll orders dispatched within 24 hours (Mon-Fri)
Included in the price - select location.
- UK standard delivery: 1-2 days but please allow 5 working days.
- UK (mainland only): Next working day delivery available.
- All other European countries: 3-4 days, but please allow up to 6 working days.
- USA & Canada: 1-2 days but please allow 5 days. Small orders under 500g can take up to 10 days.
- Rest of the world: 5-10 working days.
- We will happily exchange or refund an item up to 45 days from the date of receipt (provided it is in unused condition).
- Faulty items will be refunded or replaced.
- One year warranty against manufacturing faults.
- Our site is protected by the best SSL certificate available. This means that your personal and credit card information is kept safe at all times.
- We take your security very seriously. You'll notice the green address bar on the payment page showing it is secure.
- We don't store any card information and we will never pass any of your details on to anyone else.