DD Scout Hammock
Ideal for youths and groups
Lightweight and compact, the DD Scout hammock is named as such because it's perfect for Scout groups and smaller hammock campers.
It suits a range of uses from leisure to wild camping, and also benefits from two layers – for you to put either a thermarest between, or yourself!
Basic but very effective, you can use the DD Scout Hammock alone or add rain protection with one of our tarps.
We also recommend a DD Hammock Sleeve
to make this hammock even easier to store, set up and keep dry whilst not in use.
Spec Sheet for the DD Scout Hammock
|Size||2.35m x 1.3m (comfortable for those up to 6ft and 100kg)|
|Weight||500g (hammock only)|
|Includes||Scout Hammock, Webbing (8m), stuff sack|
|Weight limit||100 kg|
Breathable, double-layer design – lie between the layers to cocoon yourself, or insert a partially-inflated thermarest or camping mat between the layers in cooler weather
Pre-fitted with 8m of lightweight suspension webbing (4m each end)
Includes a stuff sack
DD hammock safety
Remove any sharp objects from your person before entering the hammock
Please follow the maximum recommended weight limit
Check all suspension cordage is in good condition before hanging, and ensure any knots are secure before entering the hammock
Do not set up the hammock too low to the ground, and check beneath it for any sharp objects that could come in contact with the material/suspension
- Children should be supervised when using this product
DD hammocks are not suitable for children under 3
Ensure the area around the product is kept free of hazards
To preserve the strength of the material, avoid folding along the same lines too frequently (change after 10 times)
Store in a cool, dry, dark place
Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)
All orders dispatched within 24 hours (Mon-Fri)
Included in the price - select location.
- UK standard delivery: 1-2 days but please allow 5 working days.
- UK (mainland only): Next working day delivery available.
- All other European countries: 3-4 days, but please allow up to 6 working days.
- USA & Canada: 1-2 days but please allow 5 days. Small orders under 500g can take up to 10 days.
- Rest of the world: 5-10 working days.
- We will happily exchange or refund an item up to 45 days from the date of receipt (provided it is in unused condition).
- Faulty items will be refunded or replaced.
- One year warranty against manufacturing faults.
- Our site is protected by the best SSL certificate available. This means that your personal and credit card information is kept safe at all times.
- We take your security very seriously. You'll notice the green address bar on the payment page showing it is secure.
- We don't store any card information and we will never pass any of your details on to anyone else.