DD Recycled - Frontline Hammock - Olive DrabRecycled hammock made from plastic bottles
In stock and ready to shipSign in to add to wishlist
*NEW - DD Recycled range*
We all love exploring the outdoors, and with that comes a duty to preserve and protect the wild places that we appreciate so much.
The DD Recycled Frontline Hammock retains the same bugproof, breathable and versatile design as our long-standing regular version - however the main material body is made from approximately 258 recycled plastic bottles. This helps to keep single-use plastic out of our environment, and instead uses it to create a top quality hammock that is perfect for camping in a multitude of environments. We plan to expand our range of recycled hammocks and recycled tarps in the near future.
Versatility and multi-climate comfort
The DD Recycled Frontline Hammock, like the original, boasts 2 breathable base layers. This means that in hot weather you can stay comfortably cool, whilst in cooler temeratures an insulated mat can be inserted (partially inflated) between these layers for added insulation.
An integrated fine-mesh mosquito net provides the bug-proofing, giving protection from even the smallest insects like the Scottish midge and mosquitos alike. An ideal choice for year-round use.
If you are sleeping in an area with no bugs, the mosquito net can be rolled up and suspended on the spreader bars, or the entire hammock can be flipped over with the bars removed, creating a comfortable open hammock from where you can look up at the trees!
Simple set-up & feature packed
The DD Recycled - Frontline Hammock comes ready to set up straight out of the bag. 5m of Strong Webbing pre-fitted on either end provides the suspension, whilst slot-in spreader bars and elastic cord work to suspend the mosquito net (if used) away from the body, giving a roomy area to rest.
There are also 4 pouch pockets for storing valuables, and 4 tabs on the sides for hanging accessories, or aiding in attaching the DD Underblanket when the weather gets really cold.
This hammock is not waterproof. For similar functionality but with waterproof base layers, see the DD Travel Hammock.
Please note: You may notice that the DD Recycled - Frontline Hammock does cost a little more when compared to the regular version. Manufacturing recycled products does add extra costs, and we are simply charging the extra small amount to cover this.
|Size||2.7m x 1.4m|
|Weight||910g (hammock only)|
|Includes||Recycled Frontline Hammock, 2 x 60cm Spreader Poles, Strong Webbing, Elastic Cord|
|Weight limit||125 kg|
- Main hammock body made from approximately 245 recycled plasic bottles
- Breathable, double-layered design with velcro tab closure – insert a partially-inflated Inflatable Mat between the layers in cooler weather
- Ultra-fine mesh mosquito net built in: zips closed and protects against all insects (even the Scottish midge!) - suspended with 60cm spreader poles for a roomy interior!
- 2 x foldable lightweight 60cm spreader poles and 2 x 2m lengths of elastic, to suspend the net
- 2 x double-sided zippers for easy open and close
- 2 x internal hanging loops for torches, glasses...
- 4 internal pockets to store small valuables - these can be used in any hammock set-up configuration!
- 4 tabs on each corner of the base - to peg out, to suspend equipment from or to fit a DD Underblanket
- Pre-fitted with 10m strong suspension webbing (5m each end)
- Stuff sack
DD Recycled - Tarp 3
DD Hammock Sleeve
DD hammock safety
Remove any sharp objects from your person before entering the hammock
Please follow the maximum recommended weight limit
Check all suspension cordage is in good condition before hanging, and ensure any knots are secure before entering the hammock
Do not set up the hammock too low to the ground, and check beneath it for any sharp objects that could come in contact with the material/suspension
- Children should be supervised when using this product
DD hammocks are not suitable for children under 3
Ensure the area around the product is kept free of hazards
To preserve the strength of the material, avoid folding along the same lines too frequently (change after 10 times)
Store in a cool, dry, dark place
Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)
ShippingAll orders dispatched within 24 hours (Mon-Fri)
Included in the price - select location.
- UK standard delivery: 1-2 days but please allow 5 working days.
- UK (mainland only): Next working day delivery available.
- All other European countries: 3-4 days, but please allow up to 6 working days.
- USA & Canada: 1-2 days but please allow 5 days. Small orders under 500g can take up to 10 days.
- Rest of the world: 5-10 working days.
- We will happily exchange or refund an item up to 45 days from the date of receipt (provided it is in unused condition).
- Faulty items will be refunded or replaced.
- One year warranty against manufacturing faults.
- Our site is protected by the best SSL certificate available. This means that your personal and credit card information is kept safe at all times.
- We take your security very seriously. You'll notice the green address bar on the payment page showing it is secure.
- We don't store any card information and we will never pass any of your details on to anyone else.