DD Poncho - TarpA waterproof Poncho and versatile tarp in one product!
Is it a fully waterproof poncho, or a versatile and tough tarp? The answer is both!
The DD Poncho Tarp will keep you dry on the trail when the rain starts to fall, thanks to it's 3,000mm-rated PU coating (the same time-tested material as used on our range of DD Tarps) and drawstring-adjustable hood.
With plenty of coverage for your torso, arms and legs, it can even be easily thrown on over a rucksack thanks to the longer back*, whilst the reinforced press-stud closure down each side means that you are protected from every angle whilst retaining freedom of movement.
The usage doesn't stop there however! This poncho also doubles up as a tarp, with 8 attachment loops around its' edges allowing for multiple set ups as a fully-fledged tarp.
Measuring in at 2.5m x 1.4m when spread out, it is ideal for a small day shelter, or a fast and light bivi cover, offering ample coverage for one person and their gear.
Simply close off the hood and tie it up using the long drawstring, unfasten the press-studs, and fix a ridge-line or Hiking Poles through the attachment points to create your very own wearable shelter, in whatever configuration you can find.
To avoid the longer rear snagging/dragging on the ground, we recommend the DD Poncho Tarp is used by people of 5'4" (1.62m) or taller.
|Size||2.5m x 1.4m|
- Fully waterproof material, with a 3,000mm rated PU coating (the same as used in our bestselling DD Tarps)
- Measures 2.5 x 1.4m when unfastened - ample coverage when used as a Poncho or Tarp
- Reinforced press-stud fastening down each side encloses the body and leaves an arm/hand hole
- 8 attachment points around the edges allow for usage with ridge-lines or Hiking Poles to create numerous tarp shelters
- Drawstring closure on the hood, to cinch in around your head in bad weather.
- Hood can be folded away and tied off to increase waterproofing when used in a tarp configuration
To preserve the strength of the material, avoid folding along the same lines too frequently (change after 10 times)
Store in a cool, dry, dark place
Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away.
Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)
ShippingAll orders dispatched within 24 hours (Mon-Fri)
Included in the price - select location.
- UK standard delivery: 1-2 days but please allow 5 working days.
- UK (mainland only): Next working day delivery available.
- All other European countries: 3-4 days, but please allow up to 6 working days.
- USA & Canada: 1-2 days but please allow 5 days. Small orders under 500g can take up to 10 days.
- Rest of the world: 5-10 working days.
- We will happily exchange or refund an item up to 45 days from the date of receipt (provided it is in unused condition).
- Faulty items will be refunded or replaced.
- One year warranty against manufacturing faults.
- Our site is protected by the best SSL certificate available. This means that your personal and credit card information is kept safe at all times.
- We take your security very seriously. You'll notice the green address bar on the payment page showing it is secure.
- We don't store any card information and we will never pass any of your details on to anyone else.