DD Steve Backshall Jungle HammockDesigned in collaboration with Steve Backshall MBE
New - Designed in collaboration with Steve Backshall MBE
Steve has been carrying out expeditions in some of the world's most inhospitable places for many years, and is an expert on what kind of products excel in the wilderness.
Steve approached us to design a hammock together, and after months of discussion and refining the design the culmination is the DD Steve Backshall Jungle Hammock: a comfortable, lightweight and innovative hammock that is ready for adventure in any corner of the world.
DD Recycled - Sustainable and comfortable
The hammock's main body is made from DD's Recycled polyster - originating from over 200 plastic bottles. As well as helping to keep single-use plastic from our environment, this material is also comfortable and breathable for use in warm and humid conditions.
Quick & Innovative Suspension
Featuring an innovative suspension system that makes it easy to set up your hammock almost anywhere. Strong Amsteel (Dyneema cord) loops connect via Karabiner to Daisy Chains. These daisy chains are incredibly quick to set up and have loops stitched in along their length, so you can easily adjust your hang depending on the width and space of the trees.
Spacious and bugproof
A fully bugproof mosquito net suspended with elastic cord provides protection against biting insects, so you can sleep without worry wherever you pitch up. The head-end benefits from a full curved spreader pole creating a roomy interior - whilst omitting the pole from the foot-end keeps the whole product light and compact when travelling without compromising comfort.
Combo Deal - Tarp option available!
This hammock is also available as a Combo deal! You can select from this page to include a DD Recycled Tarp 3 in matching Teal Blue, along with 8m of Paracord to act as a ridge-line for set-up.
Not only can you benefit from the spaciousness, breathability and insect-proofing of this comfy hammock, but also full stormproofing too. Be ready for any adventure, anywhere; just like Steve Backshall himself!
|Size||2.7m x 1.4m (widest)|
|Weight||1050g (Excluding suspension & pole)|
|Includes||DD Steve Backshall Jungle Hammock, 2 x Amsteel Loops, 2 x Karabiners, 2 x Daisy Chains,1 x Pole, 2 x Elastic Cord|
- Simple and knotless suspension design featuring Amsteel loops linked via Karabiner to strong Daisy Chains
- Made from over 200 Recycled plastic bottles
- Very breathable material, keeping you comfortable in a variety of climates and temperatures
- Mosquito net provides full protection against biting insects, even the tiny Scottish midge!
- One fully-curved spreader pole at the head end gives a spacious interior to the hammock and both sides suspended easily with elastic cord
- 2 x double-sided zippers for easy open and close
- 2 x internal hanging loops for torches, glasses and other accessories
- 4 internal pockets to store small valuables - these can be used in any hammock set-up configuration!
- Stuff sack
DD hammock safety
Remove any sharp objects from your person before entering the hammock
Please follow the maximum recommended weight limit
Check all suspension cordage is in good condition before hanging, and ensure any knots are secure before entering the hammock
Do not set up the hammock too low to the ground, and check beneath it for any sharp objects that could come in contact with the material/suspension
- Children should be supervised when using this product
DD hammocks are not suitable for children under 3
Ensure the area around the product is kept free of hazards
To preserve the strength of the material, avoid folding along the same lines too frequently (change after 10 times)
Store in a cool, dry, dark place
Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)
ShippingAll orders dispatched within 24 hours (Mon-Fri)
Included in the price - select location.
- UK standard delivery: 1-2 days but please allow 5 working days.
- UK (mainland only): Next working day delivery available.
- All other European countries: 3-4 days, but please allow up to 6 working days.
- USA & Canada: 1-2 days but please allow 5 days. Small orders under 500g can take up to 10 days.
- Rest of the world: 5-10 working days.
- We will happily exchange or refund an item up to 45 days from the date of receipt (provided it is in unused condition).
- Faulty items will be refunded or replaced.
- One year warranty against manufacturing faults.
- Our site is protected by the best SSL certificate available. This means that your personal and credit card information is kept safe at all times.
- We take your security very seriously. You'll notice the green address bar on the payment page showing it is secure.
- We don't store any card information and we will never pass any of your details on to anyone else.