|DD SHOP||CHRISTMAS OFFERS||ABOUT||TIPS||CONTACT||CHECKOUT|
How to set up your hammock
DD Camping Hammock
Setting it up:
1) Find two living (solid) trees between 9ft and 18ft apart (ideally 12ft apart).
2) Position the hammock so it is in the centre between the trees and tie each end (for knots see knots page)
3) It should be tied reasonably tight (so its almost a straight line from tree to tree with no-one inside) and should rest just above sitting height. It will drop slightly once you enter it (If using for first time it may need to be re-tied to allow for minor stretching of rope).
4) We recommend you now test the knots by pulling hard on the ropes at each end.
Entering the hammock:
You have the option here to either lie out in the open on top of both layers, or enclose yourself inside it (like a cocoon). If you want to lie out in the open:
- Spread the hammock open in the centre, with one hand holding each side.
- Then with your back to the hammock slowly sit down into it pulling the hammock underneath you as you sit.
- Once you are sitting in it, lift your legs and swivel your body round.
If you want to be enclosed inside it:
- Standing at the centre of the hammock, find the side that has the opening between the two layers of nylon.
- Open the zip (along the full length of the hammock).
- Take the top layer and lift it with one hand, hold the bottom layer with your other hand.
- Then with your back to the hammock slowly sit down into it, pulling the bottom layer under you and the top layer over your head.
- Once you're sitting in it, lift your legs and swivel your body round (you should now be enclosed inside it), close the zip now to prevent insects entering.
The DD Travel Hammock can also be used on the ground (when wet or dry) as a basic bivi bag due to its waterproof base. Sticks or walking poles in the ground either end of the hammock can be used to support the mosquito net above you (by tying the elastic from the mosquito net loops to the stick / pole).