DD Travel Hammock / Bivi
Convertible with a waterproof base
The double-layered DD Travel Hammock/Bivi has a built on mosquito net and a waterproof floor. With the webbing pre-fitted and spreader poles/elastic included to raise the net, the Travel Hammock is a versatile system suitable for users with any level of hammock camping experience.
Great on and off the ground
This hammock's waterproof floor makes it ready to deploy on the ground as a bivi. Backpackers and long-distance hikers will appreciate this, in the event that the next campsite turns out to be tree-free!
Zip up the net for 100% bug protection, or simply unzip both sides and roll up to secure out of the way. Alternatively, suspend the hammock with the net on the bottom to lounge out in the sun!
For similar functionality but with a breathable base, see the DD Frontline Hammock.
|Size||2.7m x 1.4m (comfortable for people up to 6ft 5in and 125kg)|
|Colour||Olive green, Coyote brown|
|Weight||930g (hammock only)|
|Includes||Travel Hammock, Webbing (10m), 2 x elastic cord, 2 x spreader poles, stuff sack|
|Weight limit||125 kg|
Double-layered design with velcro tab closure – insert a partially-inflated thermarest between the layers in cooler weather
Waterproof floor layer
Ultra-fine mesh mosquito net built in: zips closed and protects against all insects (even the smallest!)
Foldable lightweight spreader poles and two 2m lengths of elastic, to suspend the net
2 x double-sided zippers for easy open and close
2 x internal hanging loops for torches, glasses etc.
4 internal pockets to store small valuables
4 tabs on each corner of the base - to peg out, to suspend equipment from or to fit a DD Underblanket
Pre-fitted with 10m strong suspension webbing (5m each end)
Some Travel Hammock users may experience mild condensation due to the waterproof floor. This can be down to the air flow into the hammock set-up or the sleeping temperature of the individual.
To increase air flow, we recommend suspending your tarp higher up or in a 'diamond' formation.
DD hammock safety
Remove any sharp objects from your person before entering the hammock
Please follow the maximum recommended weight limit
Check all suspension cordage is in good condition before hanging, and ensure any knots are secure before entering the hammock
Do not set up the hammock too low to the ground, and check beneath it for any sharp objects that could come in contact with the material/suspension
DD hammocks are not suitable for children under 3
To preserve the strength of the material, avoid folding along the same lines too frequently (change after 10 times)
Store in a cool, dry, dark place
Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)
All orders dispatched within 24 hours (Mon-Fri)
Included in the price - select location.
- UK standard delivery: 1-2 days but please allow 5 working days.
- UK (mainland only): Next working day delivery available.
- All other European countries: 3-4 days, but please allow up to 6 working days.
- USA & Canada: 1-2 days but please allow 5 days. Small orders under 500g can take up to 10 days.
- Rest of the world: 5-10 working days.
- We will happily exchange or refund an item up to 45 days from the date of receipt (provided it is in unused condition).
- Faulty items will be refunded or replaced.
- One year warranty against manufacturing faults.
- Our site is protected by the best SSL certificate available. This means that your personal and credit card information is kept safe at all times.
- We take your security very seriously. You'll notice the green address bar on the payment page showing it is secure.
- We don't store any card information and we will never pass any of your details on to anyone else.